I don't know about you, but I love some casseroles. They are just the epitome of comfort food. I like how all the different flavors go together to make one big party in a dish.
My coworker has been raving about her friend Julie's Chili Relleno casserole.
So technically I haven't made this, but I just got the recipe and I wanted to share it with you guys because I do plan on making this. It can be made vegan pretty easily if you sub out the dairy. Anyhow here is the recipe and a picture I totally stole from google images. PS something I'm excited about with this one is that it uses flour, not corn meal or corn tortillas. that's the one thing i don't like about chili relleno. so this recipe looks delicious!!!!
Julie’s Chili Relleno Casserole
Baking time; 45 minutes; serves 4-6
5 3½ -oz cans of whole green chilies
1 Lb mild cheddar cheese, grated
½ Lb jack cheese, grated
1 large can evaporated milk
2 TBS flour
½ tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350deg. Butter 2 squares or 1 oblong baking dish.
Rinse chilies and remove seeds. Put half of the chilies on the bottom of a buttered casserole/baking dish. Sprinkle the layer of chilies with ½ of the cheeses. Repeat.
Beat the other ingredients until smooth. Pour over the chilies and cheese.
Lord, please helpguide me take my hands and move them so that they will not purchase NKOTBSB pre-sale vip tickets when they go onsale at 10am this morning. I have never wanted to take part in something so wrong that is also so right.
I heard about the concert coming to Gboro yesterday morning on the radio and just received my pre-sale e-mail today. I have never wanted so badly to sing along with ten 40+ year olds (with the exception of maybe nick carter who's probably only like 35) in my life.
Dear Joey McIntyre, I just googled you and you are 38. Yes, you are married and have 2 kids but I have a kid too and I am pretty sure if you met me you would leave your skanky spice wife (ok I have no idea if she's skanky or not) and move to NC to hang out with me. Even though I think it's pretty gross when guys serinade girls, I would make an exception if you want to sing "You got it (the right stuff)" I may just do my new kids dance for you... if you are lucky. "All that I needed was you. In my life, you're so right. And all that I wanted was you. You made all (my dreams come true, baby)" I can see this happening, can't you??
Ok sorry, so yes I should not purchase NKOTBSB tickets.... right??? I can think of probably 6 of my girls who'd love to go too. No! I am not buying into this. Just like with every other concert I've ever gone to, if I get tickets I'm going to win them off the radio just like any other girl!
Huge shout-out to my girl Sara with Unofficial Mom for the awards. Girl you rock! You have been such a fabulous friend and I love that you are into hearing about my adventures :) & stuff I don't post on my blog!
Thank you for all these awards. I appreciate the love, boo!
1) Thank/acknowledge the person who gave you the award - Check
2) Share 7 things about yourself - OK!
3) Pass on to other bloggers and notify them - So I don't want to hurt anybody's feelings so guess what, I'm awarding this to ALL My Followers! You guys are awesome and I promise I'll get back into photographing every second of my life soon.... you know you miss being all up in my biz :)
7 Things about me you never knew you always wanted to know
1) I wear the same jewelry every single day. And it's simple as I don't even know what. I don't switch up my earrings... I sometimes take stuff off but I never mix it up. I only wear earrings, my bracelet, and necklace (took it off yesterday). I wish I could accessorise better, but it's a little too much effort. My 2nd cousin showed up with my same bracelet from cape cod on at Thanksgiving. That's what I call a bonding moment!
2) I never take out my contacts. Never ever. I wear them until they dry out and fall out of my eyes on their own. Fortuinately they make the kind now I can keep in for a month. I generally keep them in 2 months. And yes I've ended up in Urgent Care w/ an eye infection and yes I still wear contacts. It's not that I'm lazy, but I have the worst time getting them out of my eye. I should work on this, but not into it.
3) I'm a wedding planner! I looovvveeee planning weddings and plan them for my friends, pretty much everyone I know. Some girls love babies, I love events. My friend Courtney's getting hitched in October and I'm directing. It's a huge bridal party of 7 maids and 7 groomsmen. + 2 jrs and 2 flower girls. I don't think i'm the expert on being married (obviously not! hahah) but I can freakin get you to the alter and throw you a fab party.
4) Today's the first day of this round of my office's losers 4 life group I lead (yeah you like the name, no I didn't make it up). I made everyone set a goal of losing 5, 10, or 15 lbs in the next 12 weeks. I normally take part but this time I guess I'll just do the 5 lb thing. I am really competative when it comes to stuff like this, but I don't really need to lose a lot more. so that's a good thing! idk, i like being all focused on what I'm eating, tracking food and stuff. I feel like when I control what I eat I have better control on my life. It's the one thing that no one else can do for me but me. I just need to tone myself up. I started back running again last week at the gym. I hate running outside, but stick me in on a treadmill with my ipod and I'm good.
5) I really like eating fruit till noon, raw till dinner. It sounds super awful, but it is amazing. I cannot even explain the energy I have. you'd think i'd be passing out but i feel amazing. it's when I eat heavy stuff in the morning I get super tired. then i eat pretty much whatever for dinner and i still feel good. I recommend everybody trying it. and if not the whole thing, at least fruit till noon.
6) today's daily deal/groupon thing was for eyebrow threading and I got it! I am very lucky that my eyebrows don't really ever need to be done. but when I was in HS I paid big $$ and always had them looking all movie-star-ish. I haven't tried threading and for $6 I figured it's worty a try.
7) I am so jealous of everyone who is getting snow today!!!!!! Usually we get it up here even when no where else except the mts gets it. but it's coming up from the south so it's going to get here eventually, but probably after 5pm and probably maybe only an inch or so. I really want to go sledding w/ gav, it's our fav thing!!!
Make a mosaic of your own by doing a Flicker search for the answer to each of the following questions:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What is your favorite color?
4. Favorite drink?
5. Dream vacation?
6. Favorite hobby?
7. What you want to be when you grow up?
8. What do you love most in life?
9. One word to describe you?
(ok confession!!! I thought 6 said 'holiday' and 7 for 'hobby.' But really, I do like event planning and over the top cuteness so i guess that's a hobby. And I totally didn't read the thing about what I want to be when I grow up... my hobby was supposed to be stuffing my face LOL so... we will just call it Freudian that I want to be a binge eating bride... HAHAHA. I went from never wanting to get married ever never ever again to a bride eating in-and-out burger in bed. ok too many jokes can be made...)
I am one of those rare people to make resolutions and keep them... well for a good 6 mos... which is better than most people can say lol! Thanks to the amazing inspiration of Tia's post from Christoper and Tia, I am sharing my own eleven in '11 list. I had about 4... but I might as well add 7 more :)
1- Do FlyLady every day.
(so technically I haven't started this yet. Well I have, but not every day. baby steps!)
2- Follow Patti Stanger's "rules"
(technically I AM following this and with great results! who knew? msg me for details if you are curious :) ok I think I already told everybody about my 'pair and sprair.' gotta keep the calendar BOOKED. god I love that book. love. love. love.
3- Get back on the vegan bandwagon
(Ok not really. I have come to the conclusion that even though eating vegan is the healthiest for me, I lose weight and feel amazing... I love food more than I love animals. Specifically dairy. Specifically fro yo and maybe chick fil a too. I think as long as I don't eat it everyday, I will be doing well. I have been on a fruit till noon raw till dinner kick this week. I have lost like 3 lbs already!!)
4- Get real on the organized religion thing
(I consider myself 'spiritual' but never that-girl-who-goes-to-church-every-sunday, ya know? nothing against ppl who have always been 'that girl' but I just didn't make time for it. I have found a church that is a contemporary 'rock and roll' style fun casual environment. I really enjoy it and get a lot out of the messages. I've gone through some big things in the past few yrs and it's good confirmation to know that I was 'guided' the whole way thorugh. PS gav LOVES their kid's church which makes it a plus for both of us)
ok so those are what I had... here are my new ones... well some I had but didn't really think about too much until now.
5- take a week off of fb.
(this month a lot of people are fasting from meats, etc. and so I was going to do a simple 1 week fb fast because I really shouldn't be that addicted to anything. I accidentally checked it um... every single day so far! so i keep saying I'm going to get off there... but I keep getting tagged and when someone comments 'aww such a cute picture" I HAVE to see which they are talking about!)
6- take a week off twitter
(same thing. twitter is even more like crack because people actually enjoy your constant spamming of your boring info, where fb is more like 'check out my awesomeness.' twitter's more 'real.' i have to conquer fb 1st... then see about twitter. PS if you want to be my friend / follow me on either, hit me up for my real info :)
7- be hot at all times
(this goes back to the patti stanger 'rules' and even the church-thing. basically I haven't made 'me' a priority. I of course put gav 1st, and that's what I should do. But i also deserve to look and feel awesome too. so i need to take the time (and $$$) for getting my toes done, hair done, clothes that show off my cute bod from the eating healthy thing above... see it all goes together to make a better me)
8- new wardrobe
(this is a piggy back on the being hot thing obviously. but obviously what i've been wearing hasn't been working for me. but... you all have seen how awesome I do at random thrifting, goodwill etc, so hey, who knows??)
9- leading others
(i have never really seen myself as a 'leader' (I think I've blogged about this before) but i do have some unique things to offer and it's just selfish to keep it all to myself. so a specific example of something pretty big I'm leading is the biggest loser group at work. this time I'm getting serious on all of them, bringing in dr's and nutritionists, etc. from the hospital to speak (they have all agreed!) it's awesome. I am helping other ppl be healthy and live their best life. I sound like Oprah!)
10 - meal planning
(ok so technically this is another i haven't started but plan to do. I'm one of those lucky (or unlucky) ppl who don't really get hungry. I don't usually crave things. this is great for dropping weight, but when you have to think of others... like a growing 4 yr old who is always hungry this becomes an issue. it's reeallllyyy easy for me just to throw a veggie burger in for me. But he needs more balanced nutrition and calling the veggie burger a 'happy meal' will only last a few more mo's until he knows what a real happy meal really is and the difference. so this is something that I need to work on)
11- being awesome
(oh wait, I already am! but even BA (born awesome, not bad ass) folks like myself gotta keep it in check. ok i don't even know where I'm trying to go w/ this one hahahaahahahahahahah! :)
Sorry for sucking so hardcore on the blogging lately. I am doing well and I hope you all are too!
Are you ready for the new year? I know I am!
I have just sent out my e-mail to my crew at work to get ready for me to step up and lead them in our inner-office biggest loser kind of contest. I'm doing the fruit till noon, raw till dinner thing. Actually yesterday and today I just had fruit until dinner ... I probably need some vegetables but I am just not feeling them.
Oh guess what i got for xmas? A lot of fun things, but something extra special is a food processor!!!! And my sister said that we could make our own hummus, yay!
Oh! BTW my sister sarah's back from denmark :) it snowed the day after christmas and was just wonderful and amazing. we had a family snowball fight with the parents and gav too!