Quite a few of my favorite girls have linked up with the Blogger's 411 today and I have really enjoyed reading more about them. I mean REALLY really. So many of us check out each other's blogs, e-mail back and forth sometimes, but here's stuff that doesn't normally come up in conversation. I'm excited to link up and join in!
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed? I started my very first blog (that I can remember) back in 2002 on livejournal. Since then I have created OH so many more. Here's one that used to be my pride and joy. We went to Vegas 2 yrs in a row so therefore I felt like I was the expert on all things Sin City (please). Here is one from 2003 if you want a good laugh and to see how I looked when I was 23, oh so adorable! PS the dude in the pics was my ex Husband aka Gav's dad aka boyfriend at the time back then.
From there I had like a weight-loss diary type blog. And I don't know... I've always been into journaling and writing. I think this is the outlet for all those girls who passed notes in high school. When I got onto MySpace there was a blog on there and I wrote some HILARIOUS posts. I'd put up a link, but I totally forgot my email and login. Oh well. I created this blog (Lovely Life of Leah) in 2009 when I had a job that I was super board at. This is also the job that awarded me Employee of the Year and sent me and my fam to disney world. Anyway... to fill the hours I wasn't brown nosing (lol) I started this blog. My sister had a blog and I liked keeping up with her that way. She's studied abroad maybe 5 times (I'm not joking) so she has REALLY good blogs. Currently she's in Nashville but hasn't blogged recently :( It was actually through Etsy Chat (I know, lame), that other ppl were sharing their blogs, so I shared mine. Thats how i got my first few followers.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study? Yes, I went to the University of North Carolina at Greensboro. My major was Recreation, Parks and Tourism with a concentration in Travel, Tourism and Commercial Recreation. I also have minors in Business with an emphasis in marketing and Communication studies as well.
3. Where have you traveled? A WHOLE LOTTA PLACES. It's actually easier to list US states I haven't been to which are: California (I'm going in September!), Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, North Dakota, umm... I need a map. I think that's it though. Nothing on the pacific coast but pretty much everywhere else. I've been to Canada, Mexico, pretty much every island in the Caribbean (this is another one that might be easier to list where I haven't been), I've been to France... but that's the only place in Europe. And I think that's it!
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy? Duh, a housekeeper. And a chef. Then a trainer. THEN a house with a yard guy. And some fancy cars. And a private jet (so I can keep traveling). And then I'd fly to Puroland in Tokyo (it's like a Hello Kitty Disney World). I'd also go to the new Hello Kitty Spa in Dubai.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves? When people are cold and unfriendly, other people's lack of planning becoming my 'emergency,' and judgmental people. (these really are more personality traits that clash with mine)
6. What is your favorite movie? That's tough... I have a few. I LOVE Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail. Also The Holiday. I also like Sixteen Candles and Coming to America. Oh! and Defending Your Life. All 80's 90's movies for the most part lol.
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea? Honestly I don't really enjoy drinking wine or beer (yup, that girl). I can drink liquor. My favorite thing to drink. If I could have anything is root-beer. I also like cream soda and Cheerwine, which I'm pretty sure is only in North Carolina. It's like cherry coke, but less cola-ie. More cherry, but less than just cherry soda. It's like black cherry?
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time? Normally I'd go on and on about these grand ideas and activities, but guess what? This whole week is me time. And it sucks. I have plans to do stuff but I feel so unmotivated. I think that's what they call depression lol. We have a craft fair at work coming up and I REALLY need to get onto making stuff for that. I had a new idea today I'm thinking of trying out.... I'll post if it doesn't suck!
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be? Target. Is that sad? Ok yes it is. I'd say Sephora, but I can't really wear make-up. I mean I could but...
Let's go back to clothes. Modcloth isn't really a real store (or wait... do they have actual brick & mortor locations?) but I'll say there.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present. SOOOOoo... there's this really nice french bakery in NoDa in Charlotte called Amelie's and last year we went. I JUST started dating BF (like not even 2 months in). I didn't feel so hot but was trying to be awesome so I didn't tell him. Something about the smell of the chocolate ganache turned my stomach and I was like OMG I'm going to be sick. Well the next thing I knew I heard someone saying "Leah! Leah! Why are you on the floor?" I was like huh? What? I felt like I was taking a nap, but a really good nap. Like don't wake me up this is some good sleep nap. Yeah... I had passed out. So that's not even the embarrassing part. Remember I said I felt sick? Well when I came to, BF sat me in a chair and gave me some water. He announced that I just had low blood sugar (lies, but I think he didn't know what else and that seems socially acceptable for someone you don't really know the medical history of). Right at that moment I started puking everywhere. They gave me a tiny paper bag, I threw up in that. And the water cup, and who even knows where else. It was raining and these nice ladies and BF took me outside. I did not get 1 drop of puke on me until bf took the puke-bag from me, kind of over my lap to throw away. and the puke dripped onto my jeans. And i got mad at him for doing that. haha yeah. that's the part that I was worried about. Good times (not at all).
11. What day would you love to relive again? Friday, May 13, 2011 you can read about it HERE.
12. If your life was turned into a movie... what actor would play you? Kate Winslet (OOH doppleganger post on that coming up Thursday!)
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years? I was on the Belk (department store in the south) Teen Board as a model/brand consultant/random whatever from 15-16. I quit that to work at The Fresh Market as a cashier/personal shopper/courtesy clert from 16-19 (I'd come home from college on breaks and work). Then I had various internships in hotels, event planning places, marketing firms etc. My first job was with the Greensboro Convention and Visitors Bureau (I still am very in touch with them 10 yrs later and consider them family. Great 1st job.) I was a Convention Services Assistant. Basically, as large groups would come to town, I'd assist them with marketing, promo items, brochures, literariness. I'd do familiarization tours, act as the liason to hotels etc.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college. No mom, 'that's not underage drinking' (ok I doubt she cares like 14 yrs later. We thought we were SOOO cool with our beer pic. whatever.)
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go? Japan!
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
This was the last picture tagged of me on FB (it was from last week. not a pic I would have posted. I look ROUGH). It's of the last time we all saw Courtney (no she didn't die, she's my cube mate who left me for a new job last week.) Courtney's on the right in purple/gray stripe.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now? At this point I would like to say settled somewhere. I feel so unsettled. Probably maybe in a house?