If you follow me on IG, you saw my salted caramel hot chocolate yesterday. This is my all time favorite starbucks drink. It's not on the menu, but is super easy for them to make. Go ahead and order it. And you're welcome.
Ok back to coffee talk (or hot chocolate talk, whatever, hot drink in a cup)
Remember my Confession I'm a fake Hipster post? (this an all-time fave post of mine).
As I mentioned there, I'm not really into super cool music. So although this post is music-themed, don't get sad when what I list is really mainstream / embarrassing to even read let alone admit that I listen to.
Anyhow... disclaimer aside... on to the questions....(Yes kleenex is needed... I know it's weird but trust me)
1. What is in your playlist? I like old music. Not oldies from the 50's and 60's but top 40 hits from the 80's and 90's. Right now on my ipod in my car is stuff like Africa by Toto, November Rain by Guns N Roses, J. Cole, TI, 50 Cent, Kanye, Blink 182, Beastie Boys, Michael Jackson, and some really embarrassing stuff like Crash Test Dummies, and Hoobastank, Lincoln Park, Limp Bizkit, and worse.
2. What is the funniest YouTube video you always go to when you need a laugh (or if you just wanna watch it)? Unless I'm looking for a music video or somebody sends me a link, I rarely get on Youtube. However, I cannot get enough of this one. It makes me happy, sad, get chills, it's SOOO overplayed (I mean if they recreate it on The Office for Jim & Pam's wedding, you KNOW it's been overdone) but I don't care. It's timeless and epic. And I'm jealous I wasn't there. And my fav are the less-good dancing friends who look uncomfortably awkward. The groom is the best. He's actually really good.
And 2nd favorite one pretty much takes me through the exact same emotions (and I cry every time so be prepared) is this one:
3. Favorite song in the whole wide world that you never get sick of and it's on repeat. oh wow so many. I'm going to say the Avett Brother's Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise. And I've been known to cry through this one too. (don't think they have a real video, but this is the song and it's AMAZINGLY done with this video on Vimeo.. i know, random but it's spectacular)
Head Full of Doubt/Road Full of Promise from Jason Mitcham on Vimeo.
4. Do you have any embarrassing songs/singers/bands that you like? Not sure I can get any more embarassed than I already am... but I did recently find my CD book. You had one too I'm sure... it holds like 200 cd's in this photo album looking thing that zips. Yeah, there are some true gems in there. I mean not just Garth Brooks and Boyz II Men (these are classics!) But other fantastic CD's like Tori Amos, Lisa Loeb, Backstreet Boys, I tried playing them for Gav and he just wasn't as impressed as I was lol.
OOOH!!! BUT! I found a CD of a high school band that my HS best friend and I were OBSESSED with. And they ended up going to the same college she and I went to!!!! And you can just imagine how this made out lives. Yes we totally hung out with them and thought we were real live groupies. And, we may have been their only friends before they all dropped out freshman year....
SO I recently found their CD!!! So I played it for Gav, he loved it (something in his dna told him this was good music!) and here he is singing/dancing that random Sunday I was folding laundry and had to video it.
And if you heard the lyrics "Ann is the whiter of the two..." and "tran is the vietnemese one, she's always a big barrel of fun" you would be correct. This was hot back in 1997, trust me. Christa if you're reading this, you can let everyone know it's real. ... really embarrassing/awesome.
5. What's that ONE song that ALWAYS makes you cry? I actually had to take this cd out of my car. I would be driving and this song would come on and I'd be absolutely hysterical. A co-worker got married and this was off of the cd she gave as wedding favors (why don't ppl do that anymore, oh yeah nobody listens to cd's unless they are old school like me). ANYHOW Ben Folds clearly has had some issues, I mean who else writes songs about taking a girl to get an abortion the day after xmas. So here's a less-known song of theirs. It's just too much. So don't listen if you are reading this at work or at a library...or in front of someone who you don't want to see you bawl your eyes out. but if you want a good cry, this is guaranteed waterworks.
I have heard so many people saying they went to weddings where this was the 1st dance. I would seriously have to leave.
So... really I'm okay the first minute or so of the song. It's the part around 1:38 where he is talking about living on the street and being born 50 years before and ... ok I can't even type about it. Real talk. I have to turn this mess off.
And if that didn't do it for you I have another one. BF has this on one of his Spodify playlists and I just try not to listen to the lyrics when it comes on because it's sooo beyond sweet I want to cry.
"Home is wherever I'm with you" I mean how much more sentimental can you get?
ok moving on to the next question.
6. What song have you recently heard, that you can't seem to get out of your head? I really like hip hop, especially lil wayne. I saw him in concert 2 times last year. And this is probably my favorite song of all time by him. The other day when I woke up (I have the hip hop station as my alarm in the morning) this was on. It's been in my head since then.
And yes, at the concert he fake plays a guitar like in the video. It's awful. This was before he started wearing vans and hanging out with the skateboard crowd.
Ok that is an old song, so a way more current one that happens to be Gav's favorite (I need to get him on camera rapping it's beyond cute) is Kreayshawn's Breakfast.
BF burned gav and I Kreay's whole new album. We love it. AND no, clearly Gav thinks this is a song about breakfast, he doesn't know what the syrup she's rapping about really is. I didn't know either until it was explained to me lol.
So you for sure should link up with Natalie. She is super awesome. Like FOR REAL epic.
Every now and then (and it probably comes across in my posts) I get a little bummed out in the old blog world. Like I don't always find people I connect with or relate to. And that's fine, i do my own thing. But I was extra happy to find Natalie. But Natalie's my girl! We're about the same age, both have been divorced, both are, mamas, but don't talk about boring kid stuff all the time....
Anyhow through Natalie I've met sooo many other cool girls too! The reason I'm saying all this is Natalie's the girl you need to know. Follow her blog, she is hands down the coolest SAHM ever. I don't even think of her as a SAHM, she just happens to be a mom, but most importantly she's an awesome person!