Are you ready!?
Ok, I'm not either... but I do feel prepared. I am not a coupon clipper or bargan hunter, but I do manage to save quite a bit compared to other people when it comes to the holidays. I wanted to share a few of my ways to save while giving awesome and thoughtful gifts!
2) Ebay! Yes, of course you can find good deals. But I also suggest selling current items you no longer need or use to build up your PayPal balance. So many online stores accept PayPal, it's such an easy way to get and spend money!
3) Give Groupons! Be careful with this one, because it totally shows the recipient how much you spent, and that you like to save money. But if you give a groupon of $50 to a fancy restaurant you only paid for $15, that's so awesome, it's a fantastic gift!
5) Gift closet! Yes, this is your in-home savings account of all things gift related. If you pick up items for people througout the year, this is where you store them! If you receive a full size product you hate from Birchbox, store it in the gift closet! It's my go-to place to find things to give. Plus, because it's out of the way, you most likely will forget about what's in there and be in for a happy surprise when it's time to 'shop' your gift closet!
7) Social Media! I cannot count the number of 20%+ off deals I saw come across my Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and Blog feeds on Halloween. The closer to the holidays it gets, the more deals you will see. This is a great resource for getting items you've had your eye on.
8) Use your Blog! Enter giveaways, find amazing DIY's, Score blog-only advertised deals. Learn about new products, promote your Etsy shop... there are sooo many advantages to blogging other than just the social interaction. Also, reach out to companies. They want bloggers like us talking about their products. We have a voice!
9) Examples! (found these links on pinterest, just click for the lists. they are AWESOME!)