5) Speaking of love, it's time to get focused on Valentine's day! I'm taking part in a couple swaps and have Happy Mail coming up too! It's also time to start working on Gav's Valentine's day cards for his friends. It only took one year in pre-school when he brought home a couple super cute, crafty, DIY cards from his friends that I thought 'It's time to get crafty.' So yes, I admit it, I'm an over-achiever in helping Gav create awesome Valentine's for his friends.
Here were his from last year:
This year he wants to do Adventure Time, so it's looking like his cards will be Bemo. (Thank you AGAIN Pinterest!)
6) AND another reason I've stayed up late/been tired is what I'm working on for BF for his VDay gift. And no, this one isn't off of Pinterest (do you remember the Man Bouquet I made him last year?)
This year's gift I actually am working with someone else on... so there's some e-mail collaboration happening. Hopefully BF will like it. I am pretty sure he will. If not I'll just make him give it to me LOL.
7) I'm sooo much more a giver than receiver. I was on the phone with BF last night and he was like 'when is Valentine's Day? What do you want?' and honestly, I don't even care about it. I just like excuses to give gifts lol! Last year I was super sick on Valentine's Day. BF came to work and brought me colorful roses, tulips and eclairs.
Then he got Gav at afterschool and took him to get Fro Yo.
Then they went back to my Apt. and cooked us pink shrimp (no not raw ones LOL. shrimp raw are gray. Pink shrimp are pink when raw and cooked. Cute right?)
8) Great news, my blog is fixed! Last week I was a little stressed because IDK what I did, but my right side-bar disappeared! And I get it, it's just a blog, not a huge deal. But I like it to look at least semi-how I want it to. It's like inviting someone to my house and saying 'sorry I have no furniture.' I mean not the end of the world, but glad everything has returned :) Except now my car's missing a hubcap. What? I swore I had rims that were bolted in. If it's not one thing it's another.
9) I am seriously the last person and probably stuck in 2011, but I FINALLY got gel nails! OMG I LOVE THEM! I still have nightmares of acrylics from high school so I was totally the last one on the gel nails train, thinking they would be similar. Um NOPE. You guys, my nails look PERFECT! And this is where it would be awesome to show a picture of them. But I don't have one. If they still look good next week I'll include one for sure :) PS they are called "Herring" something. So like a dark gray with gold sparkle. love love love them! I did find a picture of me getting my toes also done last week. I got red with black Chevron. You know, for Valentine's (let's be serious I'll probably not get my toes done for at least another month)
Yes that's Zooey finger gun shooting me in the face.
10) Last thing! I got my January Ipsy Glam Bag in the mail last night. I don't know why I ever messed with Birchbox when Glam Bag is clearly 8000x's better. Hairspray, moroccan oil, red nail polish, blood orange lotion, make up brush and a cute bag. YUP worth the $10 :)
Link up with your own 10 on Tuesday!